India’s 67th National Film Awards 2021 winners list The best Indian movies are here
India`s 67th National Film Awards 2021 winners list was announced, today at 4:00 pm,. Directorate of Film Festivals was present in the award ceremony, in which the annual National Film Award to praise the Indian cinema 2019 best film. It was initially held on 3 May 2020, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was delayed. On PIB India’s Facebook page and official YouTube channel, you can watch the entire ceremony. At this time, the Feature Film category includes 461 films and the Non-Feature Film category includes 220 films. The 13 states give the entries, the most film-friendly states.
National Film Awards 2021 winners list-
- In this category, Lata Bhagwan Kare (Marathi), Biryani (Malayalam), Picasso (Marathi) give a special mention.
- The best Paniya film is Kejira.
- Best Tulu film – Pingara.
- Best Khasi film – Iewduh.
- The best Mishing film – Anu Ruwad.
- The best Tamil film – Asuran.
- Best Telugu film – Jersey.
- Best Haryanvi film – Choriyaan Choro see Kam Nai Hoti.
- The best Punjabi film – Rab Da Radio 2.
- Best Chattisgrahi – Bhulan the Maze.
- The best Assamese – Ronuwa Who Never Surrenders.
- Best Malayalam film – Kalla Nottam.
- The best Manipuri film – Eigi Kona.
- Best Kannada film – Akshi.
- Best Marathi film – Bardo.
- The best Konkani film – Kaajro.
- Best Odiya – Sala Budhar Badla and Kalira Atita.
- Best Bengali film – Gumnami.
- The best Hindi film – Chhichhore.
- Best Screenplay Adapted – Gumnami.
- Best Editing film – Jersey (Telugu).
- The best Cinematography – Jallikattu.
- The best Male Playback Singer – B Praak.
- Best Female Playback singer – Bardo.
- The best Actor – Dhanush (Tamil) and Manoj Bajpayee (Bhosle).
- The best Actress – Kangana Ranaut. (Manikarnika and Panga).
- Best Supporting Actor – Vijay Sethupathi.
- Best Supporting Actress – Pallavi Joshi.
- Marakkar Lion of the Arabian Sea the best feature film.
Winners in the Non-feature category –
- Best Animation – Radha.
- Best Education film – Apples and Oranges.
- The best Environment Film – The Stork Saviours.
- Best Film on Social Issues – Ladli (Hindi) and Holy Rites (Hindi).
- Best Investigative – Jakkal.
- The best Exploration film – Wild Karnataka.
- Best Cinematography – Savita Singh for Sonsi.
- The best Ethnographic Film – Charan-Atva.
- The best Short Fiction – Custody.
- Best Family Values Film – Oruu Pathira.
- Best Biographical Film – Elephants do Remember.
- The best Promotional film – The Shower.
- Best Debut Non-Feature film Director – Khisa.
- Best Non-Feature Film – An Engineered Dream.
- The Best Direction – Knock Knock Knock.
- Audiography (musical) – Radha.
- On-Location Sound Recordist – Rahas.
- Special Jury Award – Small Scale Values.
Who has presented the award in 67th National Film Awards?
The President of India traditionally presented the awards. At 66th National Film Awards, Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President give the awards, while the high tea for the winners, President Ram Nath Kovind hosted. The previous year, actors Ayushmann Khurrana and Vicky Kaushal got the award in the category of Best Actor (Male), and land Keerthy Suresh earned the award in the category for Best Actor (Female).
On receiving the prestigious award for his performance in Andhadhun, the actor said in a statement, “It is very humbling and extremely grateful to have won the prestigious national award. As an artist, I have anyhow tried to return disruptive content that stands out for its quality content. Today’s honor is my reason for my hard work, belief system, travel in films, and being an actor in the first place. On prime of my win, I am excited that both the films Badhaai Ho and Andhadhun, I have done, have won prestigious national awards. This again confirms that the people of our country want to watch cinema that entertains and can be nurtured.”
The selection process of India’s 67th National Film Awards –
The Film Festivals Directorate asked for online entries and the last date acceptable for entries was February 17, 2020. Central Board of Film Certification approved, Feature and Non-Feature Films between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019, were qualified for the categories of film award.
Critical Studies, books, articles, or reviews, on cinema published in the newspapers of Indian, journals, and magazines between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019, were qualified for the best writing (cinema section). Revised, dubbed, or copied editions of a film or edited, translation, or abridgments, annotated, reprints, and works, the entries were not qualified for the awards.
While for Feature and Non-Feature Films categories, films in any language of Indian shot on 35 mm, 16 mm, a larger film measure, or a digital format, and on video or digital formats for watching from home was able or released in cinemas. Films were needed to be authorized as a featurette, feature film, or a Newsreel/Non-Fiction/Documentary by the Central Board of Film Certification.
READ MORE: 15 Best And Fun Movies To Watch On Holi!