Best free VPN extensions for Chrome: A Virtual Private Network or VPN is a private encrypted network or connect over the internet from a device to any network. VPNs are popularly used to access the restricted website and protect your movements and browsing from surveillance on the network.
Originally, VPNs are created to ensure that business network connections are secure and end-to-end encrypted over the Internet or to access business networks from your convenient workplace, but these days VPNs are popular but for some other reasons we all know. est free VPN extensions for Chrome
How VPN works?
When you connect your device like a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone to a VPN, the device acts as if it’s on the identical local network as the VPN. All of your network traffic is shipped over a secure connection to the VPN. As your device act in a way as if it’s on the network, this enables you to securely access local network resources even when you’re on the opposite side of the globe. You’ll even be ready to use the net as you were present at the location of the VPN, which has some benefits if you want to access the geo-restricted websites.
Uses of VPNs
VPNs are not sophisticated, they are very simple, but they have many applications:
1. Downloading files: There are so many people out there who use VPNs to download Torrent files. This can be useful whether or not you’re downloading completely legal torrents – if your ISP is throttling Torrent websites and making it extremely slow, you’ll use that Torrent website on a VPN to induce faster speeds. The identical is true for other sorts of traffic your ISP might interfere with (unless they interfere with VPN traffic itself.)
2. Hide Your Online Activity From Your Local Network and ISP: If you’re employing a public Wi-Fi connection, your browsing activity on non-HTTPS websites is visible to everyone nearby, if they understand how to seem. If you would like to cover your browsing activity for a small amount of more privacy, you’ll hook up with a VPN. Only a single secure VPN connection is visible to the local network. All the opposite traffic will travel over the VPN connection. Thus VPNs can be used to detour the connection which is under the surveillance of your ISP.
3. Access Geo-Blocked Websites: Whether you are an Indian trying to access the Amazon Prime Video account while traveling out of the country or you want to use Indian media sites that are restricted outside India, you can access these geo-blocked services if you connect to a VPN located in India.
4. Bypass internet censorship: Internet censorship is the power to control what can be accessed, viewed, or published on the Internet by the regulators in a country. Many peoples use VPN to get around the Firewalls of the country and gain access to the entire internet.
Paid vs Free VPNs
To use paid VPNs you have to pay a subscription fee. Paid VPNs have their serves and employees.
On the other hand, free VPNs generate their revenue by selling your data or by showing ads. Some of those free VPNs are freemium too.
So basically, If your private data is not important to you then you can opt for any Free VPNs. But if you care about your privacy and security then opt for paid VPNs.
Best Free VPNs for Google Chrome and other browsers
If we talk about it straight away, then nothing particularly exists like a VPN for Chrome. But still, few free VPNs work best with Google Chrome and other browsers.
It is one of the best VPN Chrome extension and has 2500+ serves and almost 50 server locations. Along with fast speed, it also provides military-grade security. Unlike other free VPNs, it doesn’t restrict users with limited traffic and bandwidth.
It is a reliable extension with a user-friendly installation. With just one click on the below-mentioned link, you can install it.
Get VeePN for free
Steps to install VeePN extension to your browser:
1. Download VeePN Chrome VPN Extension using the above link.
2. Enable the extension in your browser settings.
3. Then Sign Up
2. Setup VPN – Editor’s Choice
This VPN extension has more than 901,453 users. It’s completely free and has great speed, bandwidth, and free servers. It has a convenient interface so and doesn’t require any technical expertise to use it. You can download this extension from below mentioned link.
Get Setup VPN for free
Steps to install Setup VPN extension to your browser:
1. Click on the above link.
2. Click the “Add to Chrome” button.
3.Then click “Add extension”. After that, it will be installed automatically.
3. HOLA VPN
Moving to next, HOLA VPN is another best extension available in both free and paid versions. It offers 80% of its features for free to use while the remaining 20% of features are paid. It protects its users from security threats like hackers and the attack of snoopers.
Get HOLA VPN for free
Steps to install HOLA VPN extension to your browser:
1. Click on the above link.
2. Click the blue, “ADD TO CHROME”
3. Allow when the pop-up window, click “Add extension” appears.
4.After a few moments, another pop-up window will display notifying that the Hola extension was installed.
4. Touch VPN
Do you want to bypass a geo-blocked website or want to protect yourself from hackers, then Touch VPN is the solution. It is a reliable extension and with one click you can explore the entire internet with security. You can use its free trial without entering any of your credit card credentials or sign-ups. You must have this VPN on your browser.
Get Touch VPN for free
Steps to install Touch VPN extension to your browser:
1.Clicking on the above link.
2. The “Add to Chrome” tab will appear.
3. Click this icon, no more action and you’re all set.
5. Hotspot Shield
Along with VPN services it also offers you an ad-block feature too. It is a completely free VPN to download for PC and offers high-level security, avoids censorship. Moreover, it’s paid version is also available with more advanced services.
Get Hotspot Shield for free
Steps to install Hotspot Sheild VPN extension to your browser:
1. From the above link, add VPN to Chrome.
2. Open the extension and sign in with your account.
3. Click on “Connect” and you’re all set.
Some best paid VPNs
It is one of the top-rated paid VPN available in the market. If you’re not sure about it then a 1-month refund guarantee is also there so you can check it out with no risk.
Steps to install Express VPN extension to your browser:
1. First purchase ExpressVPN
2. Download the ExpressVPN browser extension for Chrome.
3. Click on the ExpressVPN extension icon and then click the on Button to integrate.
It is probably the most famous VPN in the market as it provides high security. You can apply for a 100% return if you didn’t like it. NordVPN can unblock all streaming sites at just $ 3.71/month.
Steps to install NordVPN extension to your browser:
1. Find NordVPN app in Chrome Web Store
2. Click on the Add to Chrome button. Automatically It will be added to the browser extension.
3. In the Last you Just have to sign in to your NordVPN account.
It is a world-class VPN with high privacy and can unblock all streaming sites. It comes with a 1-month refund policy.
Steps to install Surfshark VPN extension to your browser:
1. Find the Surfshark extension at the Chrome Web Store or click on the above link.
2. Once you find it, click on Add to Chrome.
3.A confirmation pop up will appear to confirm the install. Allow it and you are all set to use.
What if the website you want to access is still blocked?
Websites with large technical support like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix are in the race with the VPN users and many Free VPNs are already blocked by these websites. In this case, you’re advised to use paid VPNs.